Que the Pomp & Circumstance! 🎓 Even though the world is going through a pandemic and we’re all staying home, here are 8 ways to celebrate your 2020 graduation! I just wrapped up my graduate program and received my master’s degree in strategic communications for social change and advocacy from American University. 🎉 Whether you are accomplishing high school, undergrad, or graduate school, I can connect with you over the fact this is a weird time to celebrate. With that being said, I believe our accomplishments were well-earned. We should take pause to bask in them!
01. | Do a little at-home photoshoot with a tripod in your home! (Check out the photos I took on my last day of class for my Instagram below!)
Here’s a tutorial I made on how to take photos of yourself without a photographer:
02. | Or hire a photographer who does FaceTime photoshoots! IT’S A THING. I just did one with Kayla Mendez this morning! I haven’t seen the photos yet, but FaceTime photoshoots have a timeless film vibe! 🎞📷
03. | My mom sent me the beautiful flowers in the first photo from a local D.C. florist. That being said, I think if she didn’t, I would have bought some for myself! 😂After all of your hard work, I think it’s worth the $60! It’s a beautiful, celebratory visual!
04. | Okay, bragging on my mom — but she also sent me chocolate-covered strawberries from Edible Arrangements. Because those are a little pricier, you can make your own chocolate-covered strawberries at home. They’re so easy! Just melt chocolate chips, dip the berries, and put them in the fridge! It’s just fun to make treats you don’t usually get to enjoy!
05. | For my friends in metropolitan areas, you can have champagne, wine, or your fave liquor delivered to your home on an app called Drizly. 🥂🍾🍹(There are more apps out there, that’s just the one I’ve used!)
06. | Have a Zoom-party with friends!
07. | Go on a social-distancing walk with a buddy.
08. | Do the thing you have been putting off because you “didn’t have time” while you were in school! Journal, read books, binge on Netflix, learn a new language or instrument — the possibility is endless! Just try to get even more work-life balance now that a big part of your focus has come to a close. Personally, I started a puzzle! 😂
Friends, I worked really hard. Now, we have an accomplishment that no one can take away from us! Let’s celebrate it! Have any more ideas on how to celebrate during quarantine? Comment them below! Xx